Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cupcake Party!

I have been wanting to try out some new frosting recipes so I thought.... What a good excuse for a girls night!! I had 7 of my friends over last night for a fun evening. We sampled 6 different flavors of frosting, on mini cupcakes.
Here they are.....

Fudgetastic really tasted like fudge. Not just chocolate but actual fudge. It was my favorite. I just love fudge.

Peanut Butter


Marshmallow



Berry
This had four different types of berry in it. Strawberry, Blueberry, Raspberry and Blackberry. I used all fresh ingredients as opposed to using extracts.

Cream Cheese
Sorry for the blue frosting. Kind of freaky huh? I didn't want the marshmallow and the cream cheese getting confused with one another so I decided to dye the cream cheese blue. I thought it was funny. Everyone else was a little bit scared. It's just food coloring.... it won't kill you!!

Banana
Again, I used fresh ingredients. No extracts.

Here are the girls digging in. I served the cupcakes with milk (of course)

After the cupcakes were all finished, we played a board game and chit chatted. The night ended at almost 1:00 am!! I'm getting too old to be staying up that late! We had a great time.
It was nice to get every one's perspective. It seemed like the results were sort of all over the board depending on what their flavor preferences were. For instance, one person would say that the banana needed some work, while another person would say that banana was their favorite and they loved it. So maybe I need to do some more "market research".