Monday, July 27, 2009

Twilight Treats

In March, I had a party for my cousin. She turned 30 the day the movie Twilight came out on DVD. So we had a nice party to celebrate!

I made chocolate pops as party favors in the shape of apples because the book cover looks like this....

I made them "sparkle" like Edward in the sun with edible luster dust. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please read the book, or rent the movie and get out of the dark!!!

Here is the cake.


This was my very first time working with fondant. This is the cake that started it all!! I wanted to go with a red, black and white theme. Again, like the book cover. The cake was chocolate, then it was covered in white buttercream and then covered in white fondant. I poured red melted chocolate over the top. I was going for the spilled blood look since the movie is about vampires after all. LOL!

Anyways, the cake looked good, but one little thing that I didn't think of was that the chocolate would harden as it cooled so by the time the party started, it was hard as a rock and made cutting it nearly impossible. I won't be making that mistake again!! The cake tasted great but the pieces I cut were horrible looking piles of cake, fondant, chocolate and buttercream and in no way resembled a nicely sliced piece of cake.

No comments: